Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hey guys

Hey there, you're right, its been far too long since I wrote about my life and feelings and all that rubbish - As for linking to this blog from my blog... Don't know if it's really the right place for it yet, will have to see. Thanks for the compliments though :)

Things have been really weird for a while for me - Not weird bad, just weird. I've been very very *very* busy, so I've not had too much time to think about anything. I think I need to take it a bit easier if I can soon, but it's not really looking like I'll have a chance - perhaps the Easter holidays. But yes, quite stressed, but also quite fulfilled. I bought a playstation two (two = small version) last week, with We Love Katamari - an excellent game (about the only reason to warrant buying the console :p), played that a fair bit. Also, if you didn't already know, I spent the weekend in Brussels, courtesy of OpenedHand, for FOSDEM 2006. Was very cool, but I was also pretty ill - couldn't eat very much at all, big tonsils, etc. Hampered my networking capability a bit, which is a shame, a lot of relevant and interesting people I should've shook hands with. There's always next time anyway.

Emotionally, things are up and down. I'm very satisfied on the whole, but it annoys me that I'm only capable of so much in a given time - There are so many things I want to accomplish... Things with Lyss are really good, I really love her and being with her :) It's weird, I couldn't stop thinking about her in Brussels, the extra distance really brought her closer to my thoughts. I find I'm getting a lot more confident these days. At least, more confident in environments that suit me anyway. I feel less confident in environments I don't want to be in (bars, clubs, around people I don't know..), but I have the confidence to be in those situations less. I feel I'm getting slightly over-confident, but at least I feel that and I can put myself back in my place when I see myself being too much of an ass.

And guys, I miss you! I have other good friends now I suppose, but it's really not the same at all - Whenever I tell other people very personal things, I always feel like I'm forcing myself, or I'm doing it on some superficial level and that it isn't the same as with you guys... We seriously need to get together at some point, perhaps have a bit of a smash bros. sesh, some rolls, a few rounds of 'stylishly throw the fridge magnet', y'know...

Anyway, off to bed now, totally shattered - Leave your comments/posts!